Clearpath Robotics had a blast attending 2019 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) in Montreal, Canada from May 20-24, 2019. Alongside their first-ever outdoor robot demo with Husky UGV and Boxer‘s unique role as chimer to signal the end of breaks, our CTO, Ryan Gariepy, also had the pleasure of serving as a keynote speaker.
Ryan’s talk was titled “Move Fast and (Don’t) Break Things: Commercializing Robotics at the Speed of Venture Capital”, where he addressed his experience with running a robotics startup. He stressed the importance of focusing on customer discovery and product management, regardless of the type of product a company might be offering. To help advise other aspiring developers or robotics companies, Ryan breaks down some key points to consider on such a journey:
- What is your Value Proposition?
- The Perpetual Pilot Purgatory
- Finding Your Ideal Miracle Count
- Finding Your Competetive Advantage and Validating It
- Don’t Forget You’re Running a Company, Not Building Robots
- Know Where Robotics Fits In Your Business
Watch the full talk below: