Sriram Narasimhan’s research team is shaking things up in the Civil Engineering Structures Lab at the University of Waterloo. The research, which is led by Ph.D Candidate Kevin Goorts, is developing a new mobile damping system for suppressing unwanted vibrations in lightweight, flexible bridges. Whereas damping systems are often permanent fixtures built into the bridge, their system is designed to be adaptable, autonomous, and better suited for rapid, temporary deployment.
- [VIDEO] Kaarta Stencil 2 | Hands-On Review
- Scaled Robotics Optimizes Construction Projects with Husky UGV
- Move Fast and (Don’t) Break Things: Commercializing Robotics at the Speed of Venture Capital
- Automating Construction Monitoring with Husky UGV and NC State
- UMass Amherst Drives Computer Vision Research with Jackal UGV