Sriram Narasimhan’s research team is shaking things up in the Civil Engineering Structures Lab at the University of Waterloo. The research, which is led by Ph.D Candidate Kevin Goorts, is developing a new mobile damping system for suppressing unwanted vibrations in lightweight, flexible bridges. Whereas damping systems are often permanent fixtures built into the bridge, their system is designed to be adaptable, autonomous, and better suited for rapid, temporary deployment.
- ROS Noetic Now Available on Husky UGV
- Cranfield University and Network Rail Develop Autonomous Rail Inspection and Repair System
- University of Manitoba Explores Novel Teleoperation Interface Designs for Increased Operator Awareness
- Integrant Develops Computer Vision System for Autonomous Last-Mile Delivery
- ROS Noetic Now Available on Jackal UGV